HGTV’s ‘Curb Appeal’ Host Killed in Motorcycle Crash

Bill Beckwith Dead

Bill Beckwith, a contractor and carpenter who co-hosted HGTV’s “Curb Appeal,” died Tuesday in San Francisco after a motorcycle accident.

Born in Maine and an English and martial arts student at the University of Montana, Beckwith’s company BB Design Build offered residential and commercial construction services around the Bay Area.

“Curb Appeal” is a half-hour home improvement show that began running in 2002. Other hosts include architect John Gidding and Kimberly Lacy, who is the project manager on “Curb Appeal: The Block.”

“The HGTV family is deeply saddened by Bill’s tragic death and we mourn his loss along with his many family and friends who will miss his creativity, adventurous spirit and general love of life,” a spokesperson said in a statement.

1. Viola Gary says:

my condolences to all.

2. Marlene says:

May He R.I.P. I’m sorry to hear the way we lost him. My husband and I ride too and we have to keep watching out for those that don’t look out for Bikers. Prayers going to his family.

3. These pads are relatively cheap and cause less wear on the brake discs.
    The magic is getting parts that work and that are cheap. If you want to look up for used motorcycles for sale, then you may require someone who is specialized.

4. Jane says:

I am sadden to hear of Mr. Beckwiths death. I enjoy his designs and perspective he gives curb appeal show.

Bill has touched so many lives. To his family and friends Bill lives on in your hearts and minds. He is only forgotten if you allow him to be. To HGTV keep Bill alive by incorporating his signature designs and quality work in all curb appeal neighborhood make overs.

Family and friends you are in my thoughts and prayers.

5. feneca says:

such talent. blessings to the family

6. Mary Dean says:

He will be missed. I love watching him make people happy.

• Lisa Stewart says:

I agree. We are losing so many of our young people these days. May he rest in peace. May God give his family the strength to get through these hard times to come.

7. anna says:

Sad to hear of another tragic loss. Prayers to Curb appeal family and friends.

8. Carletta J. says:

We really loved Whitney and the TV program! (I always wish they could come to Idaho and help us!)
    I’m sure this is a trauma for John and the rest of the talented people on the show. My heartfelt sympathy to Whitney’s family, friends and his TV associates. God bless all of them! We will truly miss Whitney.

Bunny Smith