‘Big Brother’ Renewed by CBS for Season 16

Big Brother Ratings Win

Renewal follows 'Big Brother' being embroiled in controversy over racist remarks aired this season

CBS will be heading back to the “Big Brother” house next summer, as the Eye renews the veteran unscripted series for a 16th season.

“Big Brother: After Dark,” which transitioned to TV Guide Network for its most recent run, has also been renewed.

The summer staple program debuted on CBS in 2000, and this year has averaged 7.29 million viewers. Buoyed by a slew of scandals over racist and other offensive on-air remarks from cast members, “Big Brother” has seen a 11% lift in viewers compared to last year.

The finale of season 15 of “Big Brother” will air Sept. 18. Season 16 of “Big Brother” will air next summer.

“Big Brother” is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol USA.

1. Annette says:

I Hope CBS will be careful next time when picking the BB 16 cast!

2. Kevin says:

Lets hope “After Dark” heads back to Showtime. Very annoying on TV Guide Network. To much censoring ! People’s lips moving and we hear nothing. Showtime gave us everything.

3. Terri Meyers says:

So glad it has been renewed! BB is my quilty pleasure, except for BB15. I quit watching several weeks ago! Worst ever!

4. Daniele Roark says:

I have never seen anything like season 15. Everyone hated Dick everyone hated Boogie most wasn’t liked by Janelle but never once went out of line with rascist comments or bullying. Well Dick did go around waking people up slamming pots and pans around and I still liked him afterwards. Super fan of BigBrother and I have what it takes to be on BB16 if I could just get in that house.

5. My daughter could really do this game and fight with all she has. I could see her being 2 or 3 place if not first.she is also nurse with 2 boys.and a Mom with all kinds of ailments thank yous

6. Angel Gilley says:

I love this show. My family knows that i love this show. Ever summer i am glued to my tv. That mean wen its time for Big Brother its time for nothing else. It would b a dream come true if i was given a chance and the opportunity on the show. Plz plz let me in the Big Brother house next year for season 16

7. Margie Jones says:

Looking to be on bb 16 would love the chance.Any information please let me know.

8. Shawnna McWilliams says:

I’m been watching Big Brother since episode 9. I absolutely live the show. If I’m going to miss an episode I have my bf keep it recorded so I can watch it. I have been told by a lot of my friends that I would be great on Big Brother. I’m secretive, manipulative, deceiving, lie to the point where people start to question themselves, and if need be back stabbing. I can’t push to how much I would love to be on Big Brother. Not only that I’m from Texas and Aaron made us look really really bad. She said that some of the racist comments that came out of her mouth is what we say here in Texas isn’t true. I think she is racist.

9. JD Lambert says:

Wanting to apply for next summers big brother show

10. Matt Wertman says:

love big brother get goosebumps at the thought of possibly being on big brother 16 please let me know if that is possible

11. Nick flaker says:

Looking to be a part of season 16 on bb… How can I make that happen…

12. connie says:

Dont like it on tvgn put commercals in so you miss stuff. Better on showtime

13. Eddie Pallen says:

I have watched Big Brother from the first season I literally change my work schedule just to watch Big Brother every year .My biggest wish is to be able to compete in Big Brother. I feel I have the skills to be able to lie ,cheat , manipulate , an deceave .only thing im not in to is the racist coments .I was a little offended by this seasons guests .but thats life not just on Big Brother. So with that said , I LOVE THE SHOW KEEP US ENTERTAINED .HOPE I CAN GET A CHANCE TO KEEP AMERICA TUNED IN .XOXO…..

14. Greg Howell says:

Hey love your show my mom an sisters got me hooked about 10 years ago an I can’t get enough. I vote anytime there is an opportunity to vote. I would love to be a big brother guest game player. I am 50 years old an i think I could still fit in but another thought how about big brother followed by older big brother show double the fun an excitement. Lol Ha ha ha

15. This was the first time me and my husband has watched the show and we love it. Hope there will be more episodes . Thanks for the entertainment.

16. patty janik says:

Love big brother we need some older folks like evil Dick or mike boogie to mix it up

17. nobodyreally says:

Big Brother won’t be going anywhere as long as Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves, same with her other show, The Talk.

18. Eileen says:

Double Yeah I love BB and I am 68 years young.

19. Pauline M Giles says:

Yea!!!!!!

20. well i just hope all the contestants are screened more properly and given an psych evaluation….lol

• kenny davis says:

that little boost would have happened just b/c tv guide channel ppl dont have to pay for it so more ppl will watch. it sure doesent mean that this yrs cast was more entertaining.. for sure..NOT!