‘Army Wives’ Cancelled by Lifetime After Seven Seasons

Army Wives Lifetime Canceled

Show stood as the longest-running series on Lifetime to date

Lifetime is calling it quits with “Army Wives.”

The cabler is cancelling its longest-running series after seven seasons on the net. “Army Wives” completed its final season in June.

“There is no denying how special ‘Army Wives’ has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape,” said Rob Sharenow, exec veep and general manager of Lifetime. “By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

Net will offer a two-hour retrospective on the series early next year.

Series, created by Katherine Fugate, was one of Lifetime’s top-rated dramas through its third, fourth and fifth season, but dipped significantly during its sixth and seventh runs.

1. Michelle says:

Ever since they first showing that you know I bet alot of military wifes & girlfriends watch that show and know they are gonna cancel it .. All I gotta to say it was a good show ever since all the men and women was over seas ..

2. FJHGLKJ says:

IM DONE WITH LIFETIME!!!!!

3. Jackie says:

Although Last season was not the best since Claudia Joy was killed off, they should have stated in JUNE that it was done instead of letting those of us who loved this series think it was going to continue. Great Job network!

4. Donna says:

i cant believe your taking a wonderful, loving show off the air like Army Wives. i was an Army wife and this show kept me connected in a way. just because other shows comes and u have ratings that are outrageous is no reason to replace a truly loved show like Army Wives. please dont cancel the show. move it to another channel or shomething but dont cancel. keep it going. Army shows can never end because theres always a story somewhere.

5. Leann says:

When you take off a main character like kim delaneys claudia joy who was the heart and soul of the show and then push the rest of the original cast out what do they expect the show had no soul anymore no surprise to me i didnt watch the sixth season at all when if found out they was killing claudia joy off the whole thing was stupid and so was the new characters they tried to bring in

6. Wanda Smith says:

That is just awful. I was so hooked on Army Wives that I felt like I was part of them. I have been having withdrawals since last season and was so looking forward to the new season,

7. MargieRose says:

I watched & enjoyed this series. Just what we need more unemployment.

8. Cindy Hatcher says:

As a military wife I will really miss this show. Please advise as to why. I helps to educate the civlian world how mllitary lief effects the whole family

9. I watched the show since day 1. But, it began to decline when main characters were removed from the show (Trevor, Roxi, Pamela, the Kids, Joan retiring, and even Claudia Joy) although it didnt help things ratings wise when Kim Delaney had her drunken incident at the Military ball last year which was no doubt a reason for killing off her character. But still, this sucks!!

10. stephanie says:

I loved this show! The last season was getting good in establishing the characters. It ended with the characters starting a new direction so am pleased with that.

11. Lemon Drop says:

I watched this every week and looked forward to new episodes. I loved the Brooke Shields character and was looking forward to seeing her story line develop.

12. elaine b says:

Sorry to hear of Army Wives cancellation. It was one of the most quality shows on TV. Killing Claudia Joy I feel was a huge mistake. The show will be greatly missed.

13. Robin Ban says:

It’s a really great show and still has much to offer. It’s a new genre and I think there;s lots of room to keep it interesting.