A&E Officially Renews ‘Longmire’ for Third Season

AE Renews Longmire

'Longmire' bowed its season two finale in August, delivering a season high of 4.4 million total viewers

Three months after exec producer John Coveny tweeted that “SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!,” A&E has officially ordered a 10-episode third run of the drama from Warner Horizon TV.

“’Longmire’ has become one of the most compelling dramas on television with a devoted audience and we are so proud of the show,” said David McKillop, general manager and exec veep of the cabler.“We are thrilled to continue our wonderful partnership with Warner Horizon Television, the production team, and the talented cast and crew led by the exceptional Robert Taylor.”

“Longmire” ranks as A&E’s highest-rated original drama series of all time in total viewers, and averaged 3.7 million viewers during its second season. Show also receives a notable boost in L+7 ratings, tipping the total viewership often to over 5 million.

Crime drama is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels from Craig Johnson, and follows Sheriff Longmire as he and his team work cases in a county in Wyoming.

1. iS IT TRUE THAT YOU CAN ONLY WATCH LONGMIRE THROUGH NETFLEX?

2. Carole says:

I can’t believe A&E cancelled the series. I was very disappointed. One of our favorite series.

3. Cowgirl Up says:

Can’t wait to see the new season. It’s truly one of the best shows ever. I wish the seasons were longer!!

4. why ten shows? last year was 13.
    Bernard

5. Patricia Novakoski says:

So happy to hear that the show will return. I really enjoy watching it and love the cast and plots. I can’t wait! Thank you!

6. carol anderson says:

when is it going to be on and what channel?? I’ve sorely missed it.

7. missv says:

So glad Longmire was renewed, love read the books

8. reruns of Longmire would be so appreciated too.

9. Susan says:

So glad this show is coming back. Love it!!! Love all the actors but would like to see more Native Americans on the show with more story lines about them

10. June and Family says:

It warms my heart to see that Longmire is coming back! I have missed the cast of characters and the story lines presented with such great variety every week. The friendship between Lou Diamond Phillips’ and Robert Taylor’s characters is portrayed with such a strong, macho/soul connection that it reaches the heart of every viewer. I have turned my whole family into addicted fans of the Longmire Series! Please let me know WHEN season three will be on the air again!! We are all counting the days for out next “fix” of Longmire magic! June

11. linda Crabtree says:

Thank you for renewing Longmire, I love that show,

12. Jean M. says:

Can’t wait for the 3rd season!

13. Janie says:

Hooray! Can’t wait for new season!

14. Claudia says:

YIPEEEEEEEEEE! I love it! Beautiful scenery, great characters and acting, love the story lines, and I’m 70 year old woman who was thrilled to see this modern day western survive! It’s terrific! Thanks to all!

15. Never thought I’d watch a western but one episode had me hooked! Happy Longmire has been picked up for third season,

16. Saw the first season on Netflix, please tell me when I can see second and third and please let it stream through Hulu….much better venue! Love this show, hope it never ends!