A few hundred guests gathered May 21 on the rooftop of the Marriott (formerly the Noga Hilton) after the Palais screening celebrating the 50th anni of “Cleopatra.” Richard Burton was on the fringes in the photos and film clips spotlighting Taylor and her baubles. While the party, with its black-leather sofas and amber candles, offered spectacular views of the Croisette, the real jaw-dropping image was the first thing guests saw upon arrival: the emerald-and-platinum necklace that Dick gave Liz for their 1964 wedding.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California