Selma Blair Officially Out on FX’s ‘Anger Management’ After Charlie Sheen Feud

Anger Management

Tension between Blair and Charlie Sheen reportedly the cause of the departure

While the ultimate source of the conflict and ankling is still unclear, one thing is official: Selma Blair won’t be returning to  “Anger Management.”

Lionsgate, the company behind the FX laffer, issued a statement this afternoon confirming the news, saying “we wish her the very best.”

TMZ reported earlier in the week that Charlie Sheen, who toplines the comedy, butted heads with the actress as the show continued lensing season two. Tensions escalated as Sheen reportedly told “Management’s” producers he’d walk out on the show if Blair wasn’t canned.

Blair played Dr. Kate Wales, Charlie’s therapist on the program. No word yet on if the character will be nixed, or another actress will sub in. FX has made a hefty investment in the program, applying the 10-90 model to “Anger Management.” Cabler ordering 90 segs of the show after the first 10 debuted strongly on the net last summer.

1. Max says:

She blew it. Complaining like the show revolved around her. I wonder how many chances she was given.

• Mary says:

“She” blew it??? “She” is probably relieved beyond belief! No more putting up with Sheen and she gets her money too!

2. marina72 says:

What a shame, Selma was the best actress in it. And how predictable that Charlie would have ‘issues’ with her.

3. Frank W says:

I like Charlie Sheen and I like Selma Blair. I was surprised she was even on the show as she seems to be a real serious actress. I would hope Charlie would settle down but I guess he’s always going to need real anger management.

4. essgee007 says:

What a dreadful piece of work he is. Egomaniac prima donna. Ultimately there will be karma.

5. Rick says:

Too many egos. That’s why I’d rather just work in public relations in entertainment on a farm in Missouri and stay far away from Hollywood and all the drama. It’s the same thing on million dollar video sets as it is in my hay barn studio. The thing is, they’re no different than people working on an assembly line. Everyone has to work as a team, no matter what job you have. Only in entertainment, the egos are much larger.

6. David says:

To bad Lionsgate isn’t as smart as CBS! IMHO, they got rid of the wrong actor.

7. Summer Houston says:

I wouldn’t have cared if cs was late to the set and would gladly take her place!! With my mermaid tail an all!

8. willow says:

Obviously Charlie realizes Selma is no match..