‘Walking Dead’ Actress Arrested in Ricin Letters Sent to Obama, Bloomberg

obama

The actress had first reached out to the FBI claiming her husband sent the letters

Actress Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on “The Walking Dead” and “Vampire Diaries,” was arrested Friday afternoon in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.

NBC News first reported the arrest.

News comes two weeks after Richardson had reached out to authorities claiming her husband, Nathan Richardson, had sent the letters. Nathan, an army veteran, has since been questioned by the FBI.

Shannon recently contacted authorities claiming she had found suspicious materials in her refrigerator that could be connected to the letters but investigators are now saying she was the one who sent the letters.

“You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns,” the message sent to Bloomberg read, according to NBC New York. “Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die.”

Richardson is currently at federal court in Texas awaiting arraignment.

1. Rileystyle says:

Ok. The Declaration of Independence refers to inalienable rights endowed by our Creator (God given). The Constitution refers to rights of the people from the people in the preamble (We the people…). The only reference to religion is in the First Amendment

2. mae loda-bride says:

b*tch played a zombie and a student. she doesn’t have any imdb credits. even University students can get imdb credits from student films…can we really call her an actress?

3. Eric says:

And on the third day God created the Remington Bolt action rifle so man could fight the dinosaurs…and the homosexuals.

4. I’m sorry but you Americans that think its your GOD given right to bare arms need to stop wearing tank tops. Seriously there are some people out there with bingo wings that should be covered up.
    Now that I’ve gotten the comedic portion of my comment out of the way you should realize that obama is NOT trying to take your guns away; shit I’d be happy to give everyone in america a gun and let you all kill yourselves; in all honesty some of you nutjobs are worse than the “muslims” or “arabs” that your trying to protect yourselves from; however there are a lot of americans who are educated enough to know that stricter laws are useful in saving lives and that there is a big difference in owning a home protection handgun/rifle and an assault rifle capable of mass murder.
    I think its high time you {americans} stop believing that you live in a truly free society; which in theory is great but however is an impossibility when dealing with large populations;you have to have rules,laws and punishment for a society to operated and no matter where you go you will never be truly free unless you go live in the desert on your own;as a nation you’re broke;morally
    the majority is corrupt and your widely under educated with people and politicians basing their views on a book written BY MAN NOT GOD over 1500 years ago.
    Well then thats my rant and im sure plenty of you will have something to say but Im sorry I stopped caring what people thought a long time ago so do your worst.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.”

• Kween says:

Right on the money. I was hoping it was a misprint. How can any logical person put God and gun in the same sentence? I am also shocked @ how many Americans don’t understand the difference between a hunting rifle and an assault weapon! On a lighter note, I knew this woman who was studying for her naturalization test and she thought the right to “bare arms” meant the freedom to wear sleeveless garments.

5. Sounds like a two prong plan that backfired. One, to get rid of her husband. Two, to boost her lagging acting career by getting her name in the news .I’m guessing her husband is a gun owner and shooter. What better way to draw attention as a hero than blowing the whistle on a domestic terrorist and siring up the anti -gun people?

6. Anonagainstsociety says:

You are all fools. You idiots talk as if gun control is a good thing, well that’s what your pathetic government wants you to think. Once they’ve taken away our guns, they will pass a bill that allows martial law, once that has been put in place they will take away our freedom and our power as citizens.

• Dnzo says:

You are one sad piece of garbage.

• bstigman says:

Comrades, Anonagainstsociety is spot-on, except for one thing, viz.: they’ve already passed a martial law bill, it’s the ‘traitor act,’ bka the ‘Patriot Act!’ As they say, people get the government they deserve – and this comment is aimed at anyone reading this that thinks that ‘homeland security’ and the ‘traitor act’ are keeping them safe, and ensuring their freedoms. As Duh!-byah’s thugs testified in congress following 911, these measures: ~ ‘. . . are fundamental changes (to society), and will take a full 25 years . . . ‘ to be fully put into place.

• ND Stavropoulos says:

Where do you live? Communist Russia in the 50s? God NEVER gave you the right to posses guns. Mankind made them, not God. (What day in Creation were guns fabricated…Sunday? The day of rest? I don’t think so!) And now mankind will die by them because fools like yourself can’t control your own urges to express yourself through acts of violence, NOT DEFENSE. Why? Were you not loved as a child? Did your Mommy pay more attention to the MIlk man that you? Get a shrink!! I think we should reinstate the Colosseum and let all the angry, attention seeking gun freak nut jobs blast the hell out of each other for our social entertainment, and then finally the rest of us can get on doing some good in this world, create and build a truly better tomorrow. So tired of undereducated gun toting maniacs using God from what ever religion and MY wonderful Constitution of the United States of America as an excuse/shield for using/owning guns and killing!! Where are the rights of the victims? Where does God or the USA give you the right to take away someone else’s rights/life? Especially the innocents caught in YOUR crossfire? Riddle me this Gun Man… Any frustrated, self-loathing, ignorant idiot can pull a trigger. Learn to respect and express yourself, and talk things out. Maybe you learn it’s okay to not agree all the time on everything, and you don’t have to shoot each other to prove a point. “Many roads lead to the same place, so try a different path.” And if all that fails, well, fists sounds great to me!! When was the last time you defended yourself with your fists? Ya know, a fair fight. If you loose, go to the gym and pump up wimp. That’s how a Man defends himself, family and honor. And lives to defend Family and the Constitution another day.
      Strength through Understanding, Equality and Honor, that’s the America I grew up with.

• dudebro says:

Reading a post like this is like being strapped to a chair in a classroom and having someone scrape their finger nails on the chalkboard – it’s ridiculously painful!
        The right to bear arms IS OUR RIGHT as an American. Why would our president want to take away one of our constitutional rights like this one? Think about the big picture you ignorant fool.

• Mike james says:

It’s dingbats like you that voice your oppinion for all the world to see,yet have “No Clue” why the second amendment was made.you obviously don’t know what “Shall not be infringed” means,God has nothing to do with this,the idiot that your posting about thinks otherwise.The right to bare arms,is for your personal protection,including your own government!

• Ian Cline says:

It is you that is the fool, my friend. Most people who are campaigning for gun control are not campaigning to eliminate guns altogether. Most of us are campaigning that there be a more extensive screening process to acquire the license to own and operate guns. Most of us just feel that lunatics with mental problems that have not been diagnosed yet should probably not be owning a deadly weapon. And machine guns are not used for protection or hunting. They are meant for war/intent, not protection. You should have the right to bare PROTECTION, but if you are insane then you should not be able to own a deadly weapon.

7. GiveMeABreak says:

This woman is not an actress. She is an extra. She has no real credits to her name. Give me a break. She is just a nutter, trying to be famous.

8. Dave says:

Very misleading title. She was a zombie. If I saw her on the street I would have no clue who she was.

9. wheeler24 says:

How is something constitutional AND God given? I find it odd that people don’t make a distinction.

10. Russ24 says:

I love TWD but I don’t remember this bitch. Must’ve been a walker or a body or some shit. Whatever the case baby girl has huge issues and is very unhappy with her career as a walkin’ rotting corpse man lol.

11. Hutcheson says:

Can’t wait until she comes out with her own surprise sex tape…. then sells it…. and gets her own cable show…. and disappears again.

12. Steven brooks says:

I wasn’t aware background talent were strictly considered ‘actors’ these days.

13. Well, she certainly doesn’t need a gun does she?

14. Max says:

I hope her own gun accidentally goes off on her face. Stupid whore.

15. Lydia says:

WHY SHOULD ANYONE COMMET IF YOUR GONNA BLOCK WHAT YOU DONT LIKE SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO SAY

16. CJ says:

I didn’t know God wrote the constitution?? God given right? How about forefather given right! Some people make a great case for contraception though!

• dudebro says:

Who wrote the constitution and gave us the right to bear arms? Sure it may not have been God himself, but our forefathers are a close 2nd. Research the phrase “cannot be infringed upon” and tell me what your research uncovers. In case you didn’t know, that phrase pertains to our right to bear arms.

17. Ouch! says:

I guess her climb to the lower third has come to a screeching halt.

18. FRED STAFF says:

And God rose up one day and said, “I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO GRANT ALL THE IDIOTS OF THE WORLD THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.”

19. Larry Coen says:

Oh, please, the girl just made a little mistake. That’s all. She’ll plead not guilty by reason of insanity or due to the stress of pilot season. Then, a slap on the wrist, a gut-wrenching performance on a few talk shows, and then….wait for it….a book deal. If her agent is good, there might even be a reality series in it for her on E or Bravo. Americans love a comeback story!

• Andrew Walker says:

A little mistake? Wow…it’s anything but that. She’s done. Tried to get rid of her husband so she could drop the weight and sleep her way up from zombie #237 to zombie # 139. This woman is an absolute nutt bag who wanted attention. News flash…extra doesn’t mean actress. I could go on crushing this chicks character but it would just get bad. If all she gets is a slap on the wrist for trying to poison the President of the United States of America than your watching to many tv shows. America should not support this moron who disgraced her husbands honor and committed such an insane act.

• Larry says:

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew….lighten up, buddy. Apparently, you failed to see the sarcasm/humor in my comment. I agree that this woman is not too bright, but how can she be “done”, in your words, when she has never really gotten started? What was she — a friggin’ extra? Oh, and Andy, learn to spell before you call someone else a “moron”.

20. rick d says:

I’d say her career is also Dead/

21. Dick Delson says:

Have a good time in jail for the rest of your life…you imbecile

22. kenmandu says:

You can’t make this stuff up.

23. Mark says:

Which is it, Robinson or Richardson?!

• Apparently, it’s “Richardson” (no relation); but, here, Variety putting out the news expeditiously obviously needs to scrutinize the text for potential error — proofread, in other words — especially when it involves someone’s identity. It’s just advice, not binding arbitration.