‘The Last Vampire’ Movie In The Works (EXCLUSIVE)

Last Vampire movie

Pike's series first published in 1994

Vampire Academy” producer Michael Preger and his Preger Entertainment are giving more life to the undead, obtaining movie rights to Christopher Pike’s series “The Last Vampire.”

The series originally appeared in print in 1994 and was re-released in 2009 by Simon & Schuster and re- titled “Thirst,” debuting on the New York Times young adult bestseller’s list for 27 weeks.

The “Vampire Academy” project, based on Richelle Mead’s series of books, was launched at the Berlin market this year with The Weinstein Company taking U.S. rights. TWC plans to release the film, directed by Mark Waters and starring Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry, in February. Preger produced with Don Murphy and Susan Montford of Angry Films and Deepak Nayar of Kintop Pictures

“The Last Vampire” chronicles the life of Sita as a character prone not only to great spiritual beliefs and human-like compassion, but also brutal acts of retribution. “She is at once captivating and beguiling, due in part to her personification as a beautiful, intelligent, innocent appearing, contemporary girl — who is in reality a 5000-year-old predator,” Preger said.

The deal was negotiated by Wayne Alexander of Alexander, Lawrence, Frumes, & Labowitz and Laurence Becsey from the Intellectual Property Group, representing Preger, and Ryan Nord of Hirsch, Wallerstein, Hayum, Matlof & Fishman representing the author.

1. Robert says:

Is this movie ever going to happen

2. daniellechaffin34 says:

When are auditions!?!

3. Hannah says:

So is it going to be a film or not?

4. Kenneth Akin says:

I’ve read all the last vampire books and would love to play the part of yaksha I’m a fearfull person I would be excelent for his part because I know everything about him and I’m eager to play his part.

Ps: if your interested call me at 518-506-7455

5. Robyn says:

I liked the Vampire Academy movie, which is sad since I LOVED the books. The movie was rushed, they turned it into a comedy and didn’t show that there were more serious things going on. It could have been so much better. I really hope they don’t destroy Sita’s story if they do move on with production. I haven’t finished reading the last two books I think but I thoroughly enjoyed what I have so far.

6. Natalie Meah says:

Agree with all the comments below :) I loved the first six books of The Last Vampire that Pike brought out in the 90s. I think what went wrong with VA was that they didn’t keep to the seriousness of the book and made it into a comedy chick flick almost. I don’t have high expectations after what happened to VA but I’ll definitely watch it in cinema. Please keep true to this series.

7. Sabrina says:

I’m thrilled pikes work will be recognized to turn into a movie of course I don’t have high expectations for the movie but I will be at the midnight premier and just happy that I get to watch his work on the big screen I know I’ll like it regardless

8. Jenn says:

I absolutely LOVE The Last Vampire series and cannot wait for the movies!! However, my #1 concern is keeping true to the mysterious/adult & serious underlying themes surrounding Sita and her relationship between all the characters (religious and spiritual) and NOT turning this into another “Twilight” fiasco. The teen angst was unbearable and will not do Sita/Alisa justice. On the other hand, I also hope the film does not follow in the footsteps of the “Underworld” series. I believe they lost the passion of the main character by over-using her “brutal” nature in every scene and in the end I did not care whether she lived or died. The Last Vampire series was written in a way that kept the truthful momentum of the main character and we felt her pain and sorrows as well as happiness and love. I guess I’m just like every other Christopher Pike fan out there who would love the production company to bring the characters alive as we imagine them in the book and not an unemotional screen adaptation.

9. wendy says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE The Last Vampire. It’s my all time favorite series from.Christopher Pike.. I hope they make a good job on the movie, can’t wait..

10. Luna Kelly says:

I haven’ t read the Last Vampire, I’ll definitely check it out, Be warned though the it might take 3 years before the production moved forward but if Preger does to this series what they did to Vampire Academy then they’ll make sure The Last Vampire fans would know almost every move they make.

11. IKilledJennySchecter says:

Wow, I usually find Harry Potter/Star Wars/Twilight crap all very unbearable, but I used to devour Christopher PIke back in the 90s, this Last Vampire series in particular. Oooh, I hope they stay faithful to the books. They were pretty blood and brutal and dealt with pretty mature themes so these movies better be rated R! Fingers crossed this does well and they adapt some of his other books, esp “Die Softly!” That one was so unsettling and the content was so twisted.

12. arau says:

How many movies are they going to put out, surely they are not gonna try to shove all of the books in one movie. So looking forward to it.

13. Pearline94 says:

Omg!! I’m so excited for the last vampire!! I’m so happy that preger is doing it! Love the cast for vampire academy bloodsisters. Keep on the good work preger!! #no.1fanfromsingapore!!