Rita Ora to Play Christian Grey’s Sister in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’

rita-ora-fifty-shades
Nick Harvey/WireImage

Production set to star this month

Singer Rita Ora is set to play Christian Grey’s adopted sister, Mia, in Universal and Focus’ “Fifty Shades of Grey.”

Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Luke Grimes, Eloise Mumford and Jennifer Ehle are also on board, with Sam Taylor-Johnson directing.

Based on the bestselling book “Fifty Shades of Grey” by E.L. James, the movie follows the relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Grey and college student Steele. The subsequent novels in the series are “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Fifty Shades Freed.”

The trilogy has been translated into 52 languages since its release and sold more than 90 million copies worldwide in e-book and print, making it one of the fastest-selling book series ever.

Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing. Kelly Marcel penned the script.

The Yugoslavian-born British singer-songwriter is best known for her single “Hot Right Now.” Her most recent album, “Ora,” went platinum and was the No. 1 album in the U.K. upon its release. She is repped by CAA and Turn First Artists.

1. I don’t like the cast, it is nothing like what the book described. Rita Ora? Really. Its bad enough that the Christian Grey they chose is this no name that I’ve never seen in anything before, but then the Actress they chose to play 21 year old Anastasia is just soooo wrong. Honestly, if they can’t do the movie right, they shouldn’t do it at all. Im not gonna watch it. I don’t want it to taint my image of how i envisioned the book to be. The cast is just not right. Why don’t they listen to the fans? Matt Bomer IS Christian Grey. Actually my choice would have been the gorgeous Charlie Hunam. He’s who I imagined was CG and thats how I read all three books! But whatever, they’re already filming. We’ll see.

2. Anne says:

First we got the old Dakota now we have this chick that looks like a hooker, this must be the worst casting ever.

3. nesquick says:

WTF.. lol Seriously was I the only one who pictured her white. Or who pictured her looking like Ashley Greene. I swear I pictured this whole book in my head completely different from the author. Ana was described as petite, they hire Dakota who is 5’9(and so wrong). Also Elliot is suppose to be older than Christian, they hire someone who looks younger.. and now this casting.

• me too! lol A white girl with a cool black bob. red lips, young fresh spunky. Seriously, I can go down the street to my local whole foods grocery store and pull together a better cast! lol

• Rita Ora is white… Eastern European…. That’s pretty white to me.

• nesquick says:

but she doesn’t look white. I mean the author clearly modeled the whole thing after Twilight. and when I pictured Mia in my head I definitely pictured someone completely differently. Where does it say Mia is bi racial? I personally have nothing against her, but a lot of people say like Lucy Hale would be a great Mia, or Lily Collins, or whoever. And she is also mirrored to be 50sog version of Alice Cullen.

4. X-FSoG movie goer says:

What a colossal joke. Are they giving these roles to anyone who will take them? Are they having that much trouble finding competent people to fill these roles?

5. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! says:

This film is turning more and more into one big joke by the day. Seriously….Rita Ora!!!????? And Jamie and Dakota will never pull off the roles of Christian and Ana. Big mistake casting team, this film is going to bomb……..and I adored the trilogy. So disappointing

6. name says:

The cast they are choosing SUCK. all i can say is that i can already tell the book is WAY better than the film.

7. TJJ says:

Hollywood always messes up casting just for the movies since they are clueless in LALA Land.
    It’s all about the egos, BS & Powers from the studio executives and politics involved in the industry. Look at the most recent mess in the casting of Les Mis such a shame casting actors that do no know how to sing.
    This cast for “Shades” already screams a BIG BOMB…WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
    They are all wrong!

8. SJ says:

Wtf?? Mia is caucasian and she is described as tall in the books. Her and Mrs. R and the only 2 described as tall and Rita is only 5’5″! Dakota and Eloise are both taller than her and their respective characters are supposed to be more petite. Rita looks nothing like Mia even with raven hair. This is such a joke! Is this team incompetent or something? What a joke this has become.

9. Alban says:

Good news for Rita Ora. Albanians are proud of her.
    In the article is a big mistake about Rita”s origine. Rita Ora was born in Kosovo, capital city Prishtina. Kosovo is an independent state and Yugoslavia doesnt exist any more -1990!