POLL: What Was the Worst Movie of 2013?

Worst Movies of 2013: What Was

The Razzies have issued their annual shortlist for Worst Movie of the Year, making it the perfect time to ask our readers: What was your least favorite movie experience of 2013?

Note–We added a few options to the Razzies list, including Roland Emmerich’s “White House Down” (pictured above).

1. Arianne says:

Hi, after reading this remarkable post i am too cheerful to
    share my experience here with colleagues.

2. Mike Branson says:

The worst movie is not on the list.
    I writing in G.I. Joe:Retaliation as the worst movie of 2013

3. krystal says:

World War Z..was just awful….

4. tlsnyder42 says:

None of the above. THE WOLF OF WALL STREET and MOVIE 43 were the worst movies of the year.

5. Fred says:

Y’know, there’s not really anything wrong with “White House Down” beyond the fact that it lost money. That other cheap knockoff stole the thunder and the audience. There are FAR worse films on that list and quite a few turkeys that managed to avoid the list.

6. Aaron says:

How can you put Elysium and Pacific Rim on that list??!! Those were both awesome.

7. tim says:

No Iron Man 3 to vote for?

8. Alex says:

Where is The Heat? Same lame, predictable ‘comedy’.

• Josalyn says:

Agreed. Sandra Bullock gave the same performance she gave in those awful Miss Congeniality films . I would add Catching Fire and Iron Man sequel – both overrated and the acting was poor .

9. Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful info here.

I’m sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in
    delicious. And obviously, thank you for your effort!

10. If you wish for to take a great deal from this article then you have to
    apply these techniques to your won blog.

11. Usagi says:

Thank goodness I never saw any of these movies.

12. Craig Taylor says:

A special award should be presented to DeNiro for his 25 consecutive years of turning out pure crap. For the sake of a lousy buck, Robert has sold out countless times..Rich beyond all imagination DeNiro continues to participate in the worst garbage Hollywood can finance..Robert’s a greedy, shameless pig..Disgusting and reprehensible..Congrats to the sell-out.

• Usagi says:

Even though that comment is mean, it does have some truth to it. I don’t know what he was thinking when he thought being in “Grudge Match” was a good idea.

13. Mank says:

This looks more like a list of flop films than worst films. Since ironman3,Man of steel etc are hits, they are not on this list. Since lone ranger and pacific rim flopped they are here, Ha great logic this,Did the writer actually saw these movies before compiling this or he just make this out revewing BO stats. , . Pacific rim was one of the best films of the year and lone ranger was enjoyable.

14. Fartleby Handcock says:

umm A GLIMPSE INSIDE THE MIND OF CHARLES SWAN III??? helloooo!

15. iakashpatil says:

After Earth, 47 Ronin, Identity Thief, The Host were appalling. But I’m surprised to see White House Down, Oz and The Lone Ranger. And I actually loved Pacific Rim.

16. rakava says:

Here’s blasphemy – Iron Man was not all that. The only good one was the first one.

17. Jon says:

You are missing Stoker, that butterfly scene must be one of the worst scenes ever filmed; Star Trek into Darkness, which had no story at all, dispassionate and indifferent; Wolverine was atrocious and mediocre and the ending of Man of Steel basically repeated the Avengers finale. How come these movies got a pass when they were far more worse than many on the list? This year there was this basically crazy attitude from the media with their eternal complaints about Hollywood always churning out remakes and sequels, and yet they practically savaged any blockbuster with a new concept before it actually premiered. It happened to The Lone Ranger, After Earth, Pacific Rim and it just happened to 47 Ronin. This herd mentality is just lazy and mean. That said, I enjoy the Razzies, but there are some big omissions.

18. Andrew says:

Write-in vote for ANCHORMAN 2? That movie was so stupid I walked out with a pounding migraine.

• rakava says:

I want to say “what did you expect” but I think I may be the only person alive who didn’t like the first Anchorman. I like the Ron Burgundy character but he’s a sketch not a movie.

19. Max says:

I’m disgusted that Pacific RIm in on this poll. I know very few people who dislike it

20. These kind of list always amaze me. It’s interesting to see the diverse opinions of best & worst movie. My boys & I usually do not go by what critics say. I’ve seen too many movies that critics have hailed & raved about that turned out to be Huh? What? kind of movies. Then movies that they say are not worth watching are the one’s we end up liking or even loving. We usually wait until they are on a movie channel or once in a great while we will order a pay per view because I don’t believe in feeding the already overpaid Hollywood beings & putting my money in their wallets. There are the exceptions. I’m surprised to see White House Down on the list. My boys, ages 18 & 14, and I loved that movie. We not only ordered it once from PPV, but twice! We loved all the action in it & the fact that it didn’t take 30-40minutes to get to the action! Love both of the actors as well. I don’t know either one of them of course but it seems like neither one of them have the over bloated ego’s that a lot of them tend to have. Anyway, maybe we are just weird. “Oz The Great & Powerful” was ok. A little disappointing. I think they could have done so much more with that movie. Frank L. Baum wrote other Wizard Of Oz books that they could have referenced. Even his great grandson wrote one. “Identity Thief” was ok. Funny in some parts, not so funny in others. I hate the scene where they are in the motel room. Yuk! “Pacific Rim” was really good. We liked it because it was different. An actual new idea & not a remake or sequel of something. Not one I would watch over & over again like “Aliens” or the “Predators” movies. Haven’t seen any of the others yet. (just my humble opinion)………peace……..

21. John Germain says:

Only God Forgives is one of the most painful experiences I have ever had at the movies. There are not too many I would disagree with one the list above (there are a few, but not many), but I don’t know how you have White House Down on the list and NOT Olympus Has Fallen.

22. Ken from Toronto says:

Uhhhhh, why isn’t Paul Schrader’s THE CANYONS on your list? It’s certainly on mine.

• rakava says:

@John one of the most common criticisms of White House Down was that it was a carbon copy of Olympus Has Fallen. I’ve not seen it but Olympus has Fallen was kind of boring.

I didn’t hate Pacific Rim and I kind of liked Oz the Great and Powerful… kind of because I love the actresses in it but I am not a fan of James Franco and find him tedious.

I can’t bring myself to see the Lone Ranger. I saw the one Johnny Depp did last year and Pirates 5 or 4 or whatever it was in 2011. I’m on a self imposed Johnny Depp break.

23. goer says:

You’re joking right? Man of Steel isn’t on this list?