Justin Timberlake Wants to Play the Riddler

Justin Timberlake The Riddler

Playing a superhero doesn't interest the singer-actor

Justin Timberlake wants to be in a Batman movie, but not as the famed superhero. He’d rather show his bad side.

The pop icon ruled out playing Batman sidekick Robin in the upcoming “Batman vs. Superman” movie on Fresh  102.7’s “Jim & Kim” show, but said he would be interested in playing eccentric villain The Riddler.

“Not a chance in hell. I ain’t playing Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie,” he told the radio show.

“Now, a villain! I’ll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funnily enough, is the Riddler. The Riddler is my favorite villain. The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I’m gonna play crazy, I’m wanna play proper crazy.”

Timberlake would have some big shoes to fill. The Riddler was last played by Jim Carrey in 1995’s “Batman Forever,” with Val Kilmer serving as the caped crusader.

He also sang Ben Affleck’s praises, as the announcement that Affleck will play the dark knight in the new film drew massive criticism.

“I think he’s an extreme talent, so he could surprise a lot of people,” he said.

Timberlake will star opposite Affleck in their movie, “Runner, Runner,” premiering in October.

1. ragu4u says:

Unless he can come up with a Heath Ledger-esque performance he had better steer clear of the project.

• COMMON SENSE says:

I all due respect to Heath Ledger, he was nowhere near as good as Jack Nicholson as The Joker. Not even close.

2. Jimmy says:

No way. The best Riddler hands down is our current VP, Joey B.

3. Truth Hurts says:

Great, now he can be mediocre on the big screen as well.

4. MK Smith says:

Ah! A sure loser. Just what we need—metrosexual superheroes.

5. jb80538 says:

Please, not another Batman movie!

6. Johnny Cueball says:

I could see Justin as the Riddler.

7. jnobfan says:

Hey I have an idea!
    How about Richard Simmons for Batman and Gilbert Godfrey for the Boy Wonder?

8. PleasestopPlease says:

Are you kidding me? Please just let this “story” be some kind of test balloon, and please let the casting gods be listening when fans the world over just say NO. On the other hand, some people are right. Good grief how many times will all these comic book heroes be hashed/rehashed/resurrected/reanimated? If Justin Timberlake, a boy bander for goodness sake gets to be the riddler, then Simon Cowell gets to be the Joker, and Jennifer Lopez (who is EVERY bit the actor that Timberlake is) gets to be batgirl.

9. JOE S HILL says:

Justine Timberblake may want the role as “The Riddler”,but many decades ago,even before Jim Carrey,
    there was Frank Gorshin,who’s version of “The Riddler” remains the finest,to this day! then only for a one
    time shot,John Astin also played the Riddler,slightly comical,but no match for Gorshin’s version,for the
    1966-68 ABC series. then Ted Knight voiced the charecter in 1968 (he also voiced The Penguin and The
    Joker) in CBS’s “The BATMAN-SUPERMAN HOUR” which Filmation Associates produced then,,so Justine Timberlake will have to stand in a really long line,if he thinks he’ll get a crack as “The Prince of
    Puzzles”!

10. recluseaudio says:

I actually think he would do a good job. Darker, and a more intelligent character than we have previously seen on screen. And while I agreed at first that affleck was a terrible choice… his face fits the cowl if you see a mockup. He can have the voice. And does serious well. I still wish it were someone else… however, I think it will still be a great movie. Especially if they follow the Frank Millar storyline. Maybe add a little, take a little . But follow it.

11. There is one big problem. Justin Timberlake can’t act!!

12. WilliamPenn says:

A twerking Miley Cyrus as Cat Woman. A random Kardashian, well, just playing herself; now, that’s entertainment!

13. Dave says:

Sure… Why not.
    It is gonna flop anyways.

14. TM says:

How many variations of Batman movies do we need? Move on already.

15. Dutra says:

Sorry, but Pee Wee Herman has a lock on that role.

16. Shanghai Jack says:

Could be good as the Riddler, though I prefer NPH.

17. Anon says:

no….No….NO…NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO….no…NO

• Hoot4RE says:

No, No. By All Means, Let Timberlake PLAY the Riddler. And Let Justin Bieber be ROBIN, too.

Let’s Completely DESTROY the “Batman” Franchise the Way George Clooney Did.

The Sooner the Better…..,

18. Ben Aflack and Justin Timberlake or The first Batman movie I will completely ignore.

19. rob says:

Ed Norton

20. Tearunner says:

May as well throw Tom Arnold in there too. They seem determined to make a disaster.

21. WAM says:

No. But after the Affleck casting I don’t trust WB. nuff said

22. wessgrigg says:

He has the acting chops to pull off a character like that… but only if Snyder sticks to the proper Riddler… not that garbage sandwich version that Jim Carey did in Batman Forever.

Give him the Frank Gorshon style three piece suit and let that character be serious. Timberlake could do it, and it doesn’t hurt that he looks quite a bit like the comic book character to begin with.

23. Uncle Morty says:

Just…no.

Stop it.

24. Oh Billy says:

Oh god that would be awful.