Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s directorial debut, “”Don Jon,” sparked an intense bidding war at Sundance, with Relativity Media forking out $4 million with a commitment to spent $25 million for P&A. With “Don” opening this weekend with $9M at the box office, Variety opened the archives to see what our critics and reporters said about other established actors who first made the jump to become successful directors. Were our instincts correct about these auteurs? Click on the gallery to find out …
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California