Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s directorial debut, “”Don Jon,” sparked an intense bidding war at Sundance, with Relativity Media forking out $4 million with a commitment to spent $25 million for P&A. With “Don” opening this weekend with $9M at the box office, Variety opened the archives to see what our critics and reporters said about other established actors who first made the jump to become successful directors. Were our instincts correct about these auteurs? Click on the gallery to find out …
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania