Adding to its trove of mainstream Spanish movies — “Unit 7,” “I Want You,” “Three Steps Above Heaven” — Russia’s Carmen Films has moved to buy Fernando Colomo’s period comedy “Picasso’s Gang” from Madrid-based sales agent Imagina Intl. Sales.Deal went down at Berlin’s European Film Market. Move comes after “I Want You,” also sold by Imagina, scored $6.1 million in Russia, a standout result for a Spanish-language film. Inspired by the real-life 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa from the Louvre, comedy portrays Picasso’s marginal involvement in the robbery.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut