Wide-eyed children and dying old men once again make up the majority of the
Academy's live-action short offerings, making for a solid if
disappointingly familiar crop of nominees.
The Oscar-Nominated Short Films 2013: Documentary
separated into two feature-length programs, this least appealing of
Shorts Intl.'s three Oscar shorts programs makes for a long sit.
The Oscar-Nominated Short Films 2013: Animated
uttering a single word, the five Oscar-nominated toon shorts display a
stunning range of ingenuity and emotion, repping yet another first-class
lineup in one of the least-seen and most exciting categories the
Academy Awards have to offer.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut