The full story on the Costume Designers Guild nominations can be found here, but here’s what most interested me:
1) Judianna Makovsky is all over this thing. She’s nominated for both film and commercial work, in addition to earning a lifetime achievement award. Here’s her resume.
2) The five Oscar nominees for costume are split into two CDG categories: Paco Delgado of “Les
Miserables,” Joanna Johnston of “Lincoln” and Jacqueline
Durran of “Anna Karenina” in period film and Colleen Atwood of “Snow White and the Huntsman” and
the late Eiki Ishioka of “Mirror Mirror” in fantasy film. No Oscar costume nominees were in the contemporary film category.
3) The three nominees for best picture at the Oscars that were either ineligible or shut out of the CDGs were “Amour,” “Django Unchained” and “Life of Pi.”
4) Any day “Treme” is mentioned for an award is a good day.
5) The Most Interesting Man in the World might end up having The Most Interesting Costumes in the World.