Disney has pacted to make its 3D movies available on Sensio’s 3D streaming service 3DGO!.Some 20 Disney pics will be available at launch later this month, including 2012 animated releases “Brave” and “Frankenweenie.” Sensio’s strategy is to aggregate 3D TV viewers, who may be too few in any one area to support a cable channel, but are numerous enough across North America to support a streaming VOD service. The development is unlikely to encourage much additional 3D TV viewing, however, as viewer interest in watching 3D pics at home has proven tepid. 3D content and device makers have called for more original television content in 3D to spur viewer interest in the stereoscopic format.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut