Paywall comes down, new site automatically configures content for tablets, mobile
The new website addresses years of requests from readers, with a site that’s easy to navigate and automatically configures material to platforms of various sizes and shapes, from large monitors to tablets to mobile devices.
The new website is part of ongoing changes under Penske Media, which bought Variety in October.
Among the new features:
- An adaptive design for desktop, tablets and mobile phones. Explore the site with your favorite device.
- An expandable navigation bar that previews essential content from each site section
- A new Video channel featuring news, events, trailers and interviews
- Voices: a collection of columnists, opinion, analysis, insight and perspective on the business of entertainment
- Scene: a section dedicated to premiere and party coverage with VPage photo galleries, as well as people news, industry events and more
- VScore: an interactive dashboard for all of the critical business metrics across the industry as well as custom analysis from the Variety team. A unique destination to capture the key dynamics of the industry (coming soon).