Eight finalists set for Jan. 10 noms
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has named the eight documentary short subjects on the shortlist for Oscar nominations.Three to five of the projects will become Oscar nominees when the noms are revealed Jan. 10. The shortlist, which was whittled down from 31 eligible enteries by the Acad’s doc branch, are:
- “The Education of Mohammad Hussein,” Loki Films
- “Inocente,” Shine Global
- “Kings Point,” Kings Point Documentary
- “Mondays at Racine,” Cynthia Wade Prods.
- “Open Heart,” Urban Landscapes
- “ParaIso,” The Strangebird Co.
- “The Perfect Fit,” SDI Prods.
- “Redemption,” Downtown Docs