The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. shared its Golden Globes largess with several arts orgs, giving away more than $1.2 million in grants Aug. 9.The annual Installation Luncheon at the BevHills Hotel saw HFPA prexy Aida Takla-O’Reilly forced to speak off the cuff. “I don’t know where you are,” she said of the TelePrompter. “I’m in my own sphere.” “That’s one of the funniest standups I’ve seen in a long time,” cracked Steven Spielberg, there to accept an HFPA grant for the Film Foundation. Then it was Jack Black’s turn. He praised Spielberg for making the wrong Honest Abe movie. ” ‘Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter’ looks incredible,” Black opined. Also watching the grants whiz by were Bradley Cooper, Kelsey Grammer, Christina Hendricks, Dustin Hoffman and Harvey Weinstein.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut