David O. Russell opened the Nov. 19 screening of his “Silver Linings Playbook” by calling the cast and crew to the Academy stage. Bradley Cooper, Chris Tucker, Danny Elfman and John Ortiz obeyed his command, but it was Jennifer Lawrence to whom the helmer handed the mic.He then scurried off the stage, leaving his leading lady to intro the Weinstein Co. pic. “He does this because he hates me,” Lawrence joked. “Thank you for coming, I hope you enjoy it. Don’t judge anyone’s dancing.” Producer Bruce Cohen (“American Beauty”) says he hasn’t yet cleared off space on his mantel for a second win with this film. “I feel that to ever desire or request a second Oscar would just be greedy,” Cohen said. “But that doesn’t mean you would return it if it was given to you.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California