In some ways, the Academy Award shortlist of 15 documentary contenders is as noteworthy for what isn’t on it as what is — the “Central Park” omission is shocking, and I’m now predicting that Steve James will get a lifetime achievement Oscar before he gets a non-honorary one — but there’s no doubt that there were selections today worth celebrating. Here’s the roundup.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut