Anyone out there who is a member of both the Producers Guild of America and the Professional Golfers' Association? Let me know …
– Working Title Films co-chairmen Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner will receive
the high honor of the 2013 David O. Selznick Achievement Award for theatrical films at the PGA Awards on Jan. 26.
– Also from the PGA: The 2nd Annual Debra Hill/Producers Guild Weekend Shorts Contest will take place Friday at Sunset Gower. Details here. The ten short films that will be screened at the event are:
1) "A Grail of Two Idiots," presented by Schwartzy & Pagana, produced by Tiffany DeMarco, Bailey Borders, directed by Orson Spielcock, III and written by Robert Beaucage and Schwartzy & Pagana
2) "Almost a Mountain," produced by Joseph Castanho, directed by Duane Trammell and written by Duane Trammell & Robyn Sarvis with Jeff Krebs & Joseph Castanho
3) "Bad Wolf," produced by Soyoung Jung, directed by Kalman Apple and written by Mark Parsons
4) "Change to Spare," produced and directed by Bobby Grubic and written by Michael D’Orazio
5) "Check Mate," produced by Kim Murray, directed by Samad Banks and written by Samad Banks, Sam Espinoza & Andrea D. McGee
6) "Finding Dee Dee," produced by Jen Ralston, Kaley Davis, Dani Leone, Ray Halliday & Elise Cannon, directed by Jen Ralston and written by Jen Ralston & L.E. Leone
7) "Hat Trick," produced by Greg Nichols, Rachel Wilson & Shawn Green, directed by Greg Nichols and story by Shawn Green, Rachel Wilson & Greg Nichols
8) "Rock Bottom," produced and directed by Carl Hansen and written by Clay Lapari & Carl Hansen
9) "The Mending," produced by Colin Peter Campbell & Matt Ima, directed by Colin Peter Campbell and written by John Sylvain
10) "Voo Doo the Right Thing," produced by Christin Mizzelle & Bryan Nest, directed by Ethan Cushing and written by Arthur Tiersky
– Marvel Studios prexy Kevin Feige will receive the Motion Picture Showman
of the Year award at the ICG Publicists Guild Awards on Feb. 22.
– IFC will air the Feb. 23 Indie Spirit Awards from Santa Monica in a taped broadcast that evening.
– EE has taken over title sponsorship of the BAFTAs from sister company Orange.