Sony to fare well at ceremony in Hollywood on Jan. 19
Sony will get three mentions when the International 3D Society hands out its kudos at its 2012 3D Technology Awards in Hollywood on Jan. 19. In all, 14 prizes will be given:
- Blu-ray Disc Association – “Blu-ray 3D Specification”
- Cameron/Pace Group – “Shadow D Technology and the Shadow D System”
- Fuji – “Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera”
- Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative – “FHD3DGI Standard”
- GoPro – “3D Hero System”
- HDMI Licensing – “Standardization of 3D Formats over the HDMI Interface. Specification Version 1.4a”
- LG Electronics – “LG Cinema 3D TV”
- Panasonic – “AG-3DA1 Twin Lens 3D Camera Recorder”
- Peter Wimmer – “Stereoscopic Player”
- Silicon Imaging – “SI-3D Stereo Digital Cinema Camera System”
- Sony – “HDR-TD10 3D Handycam Camcorder”
- Sony – “Playstation 3”
- Vizio – “Theater 3D”
- YouTube – “3D Channel”
Entries were reviewed by the Society’s 3D Technology Awards Committee for achievement during 2011.
“The Awards Committee considered 3D technologies with an eye on those that are genuine advances to the state of the art,” said Lenny Lipton, chairman of the society’s awards committee. “We want to shine a spotlight on worthy products that make a contribution to professional and consumer applications.”
“Our theme for 2012 is Make It 3D, and this year’s honored organizations have met industry challenges with superb technical innovation,” said society prexy Jim Chabin.
Panasonic and Korea Telecom are I3DS “signature” sponsors. Founding sponsors include Dolby, DreamWorks Animation, IMAX, MasterImage 3D, Pixar, RealD, Sony, Walt Disney and Xpand 3D.