The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal judge’s ruling that California’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
A panel of three judges ruled 2-1 to affirm U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision that Proposition 8 violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the constitution.
Supporters of Prop 8 can appeal the ruling to the full Ninth Circuit, or to the Supreme Court.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut