The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal judge’s ruling that California’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
A panel of three judges ruled 2-1 to affirm U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision that Proposition 8 violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the constitution.
Supporters of Prop 8 can appeal the ruling to the full Ninth Circuit, or to the Supreme Court.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York