The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal judge’s ruling that California’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
A panel of three judges ruled 2-1 to affirm U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision that Proposition 8 violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the constitution.
Supporters of Prop 8 can appeal the ruling to the full Ninth Circuit, or to the Supreme Court.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California