The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal judge’s ruling that California’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
A panel of three judges ruled 2-1 to affirm U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision that Proposition 8 violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the constitution.
Supporters of Prop 8 can appeal the ruling to the full Ninth Circuit, or to the Supreme Court.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California