Sony Electronics has come aboard upcoming Fox series "The X Factor" as its official consumer-electronics sponsor, meaning the brand should get some generous on-air plugs come September. Sony joins Pepsi and Chevrolet, which have already signed on with Fox, Fremantle and Syco TV, as the official beverage and automotive sponsors. Unspecified is which specific Sony products will get "Factor" love and how they will be integrated with the broadcasts, but you can bet it will be as subtle as those Coke cups that just happen to be on the judges' table during "American Idol." Another branch of the Sony empire, Sony Music Entertainment, is already part of "Factor" through the $5 million deal the winner of the show will get with the record label.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania