How do you promote the anti-show? When it comes to a series as creatively uncompromising and downright bleak as returning series "Louie," the usual marketing blather ain't going to cut it. Which makes FX approach in the season 2 promo just out (see above) downright brilliant. Even in the artificial world of the 30-second spot, Louie C.K. manages to maintain his authenticity, notifying the audience of his premiere (June 23) with the enthusiasm a death-row inmate might muster for his date of execution. Insult to injury: One of the child actors slaps him, leading to an awkward, depressed silence. "Glee," this is not.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut