How do you promote the anti-show? When it comes to a series as creatively uncompromising and downright bleak as returning series "Louie," the usual marketing blather ain't going to cut it. Which makes FX approach in the season 2 promo just out (see above) downright brilliant. Even in the artificial world of the 30-second spot, Louie C.K. manages to maintain his authenticity, notifying the audience of his premiere (June 23) with the enthusiasm a death-row inmate might muster for his date of execution. Insult to injury: One of the child actors slaps him, leading to an awkward, depressed silence. "Glee," this is not.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California