Execs, ops realigned to bolster consumer products focus
Nickelodeon has restructured its consumer products business as the kids cabler looks to make retail marketing more of a fixture at the division to prop up toy and apparel sales worldwide.
Move integrates all consumer products efforts within the overall Nickelodeon business structure to grow brands across multiple platforms such as “SpongeBob SquarePants” and “Dora the Explorer.”
“As Nickelodeon’s portfolio of properties has grown and diversified on a global level, we have evolved our consumer products business model into a structure that better supports both our goals and the goals of our partners,” said Cyma Zarghami, prexy of the Nickelodeon Group. “The realignment of our consumer products team will leverage our expertise in product and business development, marketing and retail and will shape the next phase of our growth. The consumer products team has achieved tremendous success in expanding our properties around the world, and our new structure will help continue this momentum.”
As part of the reorg:
• Strategic business operations, headed by Sarah Kirshbaum Levy, COO, Nickelodeon Group, will oversee toys, interactive, consumer electronics and soft goods, managed by Manuel Torres and Hal Snik.
• Nick’s publishing and home entertainment businesses in the U.S., run by Paula Allen and Sherice Torres, will be managed by Nickelodeon Digital, led by Steve Youngwood, exec VP, digital, for the Nickelodeon Group.
• Retail marketing, overseen by Ron Johnson, will now report to Pam Kaufman, Nickelodeon Group’s chief marketing officer.
• Packaged goods will report to advertising sales partnerships, led by Sharon Cohen, senior VP of integrated marketing and ad sales for the Nickelodeon Group.
• All international consumer products operations will continue to be led by Michael Connolly and report to Pierluigi Gazzolo, COO of Viacom Intl Media Networks. Torres and Allen also report to Connolly with regard to the international aspects of their businesses.
• And Russell Hicks, exec VP and exec creative director, Nickelodeon Group, oversees Nickelodeon Creative Resources.