KNBC led all stations with 28 nominations for the Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards, which will be presented Aug. 6 by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.KTLA was second with 17 noms, followed by Fox Sports West/Prime Ticket with 15. KCBS received nine bids, including two in single-nomination categories in which the station was already declared a winner: live special events (news) and investigative reporting. Mentions for KNBC included four of five in the news feature reporting category, for Ana Garcia/Fred Mamoun, Colleen Williams/Mary Harris, Chuck Henry/Tara Wallis and Bruce Hensel. The fifth nominee in that category was Christine Devine, who was also named recipient of the Los Angeles Area Governors Award for her weekly KTTV news segment ”Wednesday’s Child,” which she has hosted for 15 years.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut