Reps hope actor will return to show at month's end
Might “Two and a Half Men” be back in production by the end of the month?Reps for Charlie Sheen are hoping that will be the case. However, the final decision on when production will resume rests with “Men” producer Warner Bros. TV and exec producer Chuck Lorre. “It’s everybody’s intent right now that we’re back in production at the end of February,” said Sheen’s manager, Mark Burg. “Charlie wants to work. He wants to get back at it. He feels bad for the crew and the cast and he wants to get the ship sailing again.” “Men” was abruptly shut down last Friday as Sheen faced pressure from CBS and Warner Bros. TV to address his downward spiral of substance abuse and partying since the hit sitcom went on holiday hiatus late last year. Sheen has been undergoing rehab treatment at his home. Sheen at the moment is “doing great,” Burg said. Sheen’s team is focused on addressing Sheen’s issues with “a lifelong plan for sobriety,” Burg said. “As with all recovering addicts, it’s a long process.” Indicating that Sheen may have been feeling some contrition about the disruption to “Men” caused by his recent behavior, the thesp released a lengthy statement Wednesday thanking CBS topper Leslie Moonves and Warner Bros. TV Group prexy Bruce Rosenblum for their support. “I have a lot of work to do to be able to return the support I have received from so many people,” he said. “I want to say ‘thank-you’ to my fellow cast members, the crew of “Two and a Half Men,”and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros., especially Les Moonves and Bruce Rosenblum for their concern and support. And to my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much. Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, ‘thank-you.’ “ Warner Bros. declined comment.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!