AOL Advertising has promoted Debbie Menin to industry practice head for showbiz. A Variety alum, Menin joined AOL in December. She will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership to execute a national industry-specific strategy in entertainment and play an active role in generating new business.Alexandra Glazer has joined Block-Korenbrot Public Relations working on film. She previously worked at Warner Bros. and helped in the film PR campaigns for such pics “The Dark Knight,” “Gran Torino,” “Inception” and “The Town.” Jackie French has been upped to senior VP of series development at MTV. French, who was VP of MTV series production, helped drive many of the nets’ hit series including “Jersey Shore” and “The Real World.” Raleigh Studios has upped Britt Penrod to VP of business development tasked with identifying business and studio development opportunities throughout the world. He was was previously director of business development, contributing to the growth of Raleigh Studios, Baton Rouge, Detroit and Budapest. KTLA has tapped Marshall Hites director of creative services and marketing. Having worked at five different TV stations over 30 years in the industry, Hites has been responsible for all aspects of marketing strategy, brand management, promotion, production and design. He developed campaigns for KCAL 9 and KCBS 2, where he worked for 20 years.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut