The serious business of fund-raising was at the heart of the Tribeca Film Institute’s Dec. 7 benefit screening of New Line/Warner Bros.’ “New Year’s Eve” at the Ziegfeld. Afterwards, at the Hilton Ballroom dinner, TFI’s Jane Rosenthal was upbeat about the future.“My New Year’s resolution is to find more reasons to laugh,” she joked. Rosenthal also talked up the project “near and dear to my heart, Tribeca Teaches, where we go into middle-school populations and teach kids who have English as a second language or are homeless to learn filmmaking, learn how to tell a story.” – — Stephen Schaefer
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California