Variance Films has partnered with Acappella Pictures for the theatrical release of Charles Evans Jr.’s documentary “Addiction Incorporated.”Film will open in New York City on Dec. 14 and in Los Angeles on Jan. 13, then expand throughout the country through early 2012. “Addiction” centers on whistleblower Victor DeNoble, a research scientist at one of the leading tobacco companies, where he was tasked with finding a substitute for nicotine that would not cause heart attacks. DeNoble succeeded but in the process produced scientific evidence that nicotine was addictive. After his lab was shuttered and his papers pulled from publication, DeNoble testified about his research in the 1994 congressional hearings, leading to federal regulation of the tobacco industry.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut