Proposed $330 million development of a 46-hectare (113.6 acres) greenbelt site next to the studio, with the creation of “living streetscapes” such as Venice, Amsterdam, Prague and New York. The site would include 1,400 homes, plus a school and public park, and the new Pinewood Screen Crafts Academy. Following the refusal of South Bucks District Council to grant planning permission for Project Pinewood in October 2009, the proposal is now subject to a public inquiry, which should be completed in May. A decision by the secretary of state for communities and local government is expected by the end of 2011.
• 18 stages
• 3 exterior lots
• 5 post-production theaters, supported by 2 ADR/Foley suites
• 2 digital TV studios (9,000 square feet each)
• 007 Stage, (59,000 square feet, 41 feet high) is the largest “silent” stage in Europe.
• Europe’s only permanent underwater stage (44,000 cubic feet, 1.2 million liter capacity)
• Exterior tank, aka the Paddock Tank (3.6 million liter capacity), backed by a 14,400 sq. ft. bluescreen.
• 6 stages of 16,000-19,000 sq. ft.
• 9 stages of under 10,000 sq. ft.
• Interior water tanks on 6 stages.
• New stage under construction, 30,000 sq. ft. opens 2012
• Heatherden Hall, exterior and interior;
• Pinewood Formal Gardens and Lake;
• Black Park, 500-acre park adjacent to Pinewood.
• Home to over 300 companies, providing everything from diving services to matte and miniature work, catering to fitness training, cameras and lighting to insurance and legal services.
• “Dark Shadows”
• “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”
• “My Week With Marilyn”
• “Woman in Black”
• “X-Men: First Class”
Sites on the future | From Liz to Bond and beyond | The lay of the land