CULVER CITY, Calif., January 5, 2011 – As The Social Network, the most critically acclaimed film of the year, is set to launch on DVD, the hit film is poised to pass $200 million at the worldwide box office, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures. To date, The Social Network has grossed more than $93 million in the US and $104 million overseas, and will pass the $200 million mark in the next few days. The DVD will be released on January 11, 2011, and contains more than eight hours of bonus extras about the motion picture. The film will also be re-released in approximately 600 theaters nationwide on January 7.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London