Freestyle Digital Media has acquired domestic rights to helmer-scribe brothers Brett and Drew T. Pierce’s horror comedy “Deadheads,” slating a first quarter 2012 release.“Deadheads,” starring Michael McKiddy and Ross Kidder, follows two zombie slackers who find themselves surprisingly reborn from the dead. Discovering an engagement ring in his pocket, one enlists his newfound zombie pal to embark on a quest in search of his lost love. The deal was negotiated by FDM’s CEO Susan Jackson, producer Andy Drummond and Brett Pierce. “We believe the film has the makings of a cult classic in the comedy horror market,” Jackson said. International sales are being handled by Cinema Management Group. Pic won prizes at the Traverse City and Newport Beach film fests.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut