Gold Circle Films has hired director-writer Ed Gass-Donnelly to rewrite “Inside Passage,” the story of a man who wakes to find his wife has vanished from their rented boat in Alaska.Paul Brooks will produce with Aaron Ryder and Laura Rister. Scott Niemeyer will exec produce and Guy Danella is co-producer and will oversee. The previous draft of the project was written by director-writer Jeff Nichols (“Take Shelter”) and adapted from an original screenplay by Jonathan W.C. Mills. Gass-Donnelly’s sophomore film, the crime-thriller “Small Town Murder Songs” is currently in domestic release. He was named one of Variety’s 10 Directors to Watch this year. Gass-Donnelly, a Toronto native, is repped by ICM, Untitled Entertainment and the law firm of Gang, Tyre, Ramer and Brown.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut