Microsoft continues to roll out new entertainment offerings for the Xbox 360.
The second wave of content providers for the recent user interface revamp of Xbox Live has hit the console, bringing some familiar names. Starting today, U.S. users will be able to access content from ClearChannel’s streaming radio service iHeartRadio and Verizon FiOS customers will be able to access a limited selection of live channels.
Also joining the fun is YouTube, TMZ and MSNBC.com.
Verizon’s FiOS customers will be able to watch up 26 live TV channels, including MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon. In order to use the services, Xbox Live users must prove they are subscribers to the cablers or satcasters, or in Bravo or Syfy’s case, confirm that they are paying cable or satellite customers.
Other countries are getting different channels. Here’s the complete list.
* blinkbox. United Kingdom
* iHeartRadio. United States
* MSN Video. Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom
* MSNBC.com. United States
* MUZU.TV. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
* Rogers On Demand (Rogers Media). Canada
* SBS ON DEMAND. Australia
* TMZ (Warner Bros.). Canada, United States
* RTVE (RTVE.es). Spain
* Verizon FiOS TV. United States
* YouTube. Available in 24 countries globally