Honorees include digital projects from Lady Gaga, Zach Galifianakis
The Producers Guild of America has chosen the honorees for its annual “Digital 25: Leaders in Emerging Entertainment.”
This year’s winners range from stars like Zach Galifianakis and Lady Gaga to industry insiders including Sharon Calahan, director of photography and lighting at Pixar Animation Studios and John Calkins, exec VP at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
PGA will honor the recipients at the Variety Entertainment & Technology Summit at the Digital Hollywood conference on Oct. 17 at the Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey.
Digital 25 salutes innovators in digital entertainment working in categories including Internet, interactive television, visual and digital effects, gaming, home entertainment, mobile and digital animation. Recipients are selected by the PGA membership and advisory board.
Complete list of honorees.
• John Rubey for AEG Network Live
• Sangam Pant and Umesh Shukla for Auryn, Inc.
• Zach Galifianakis for “Between Two Ferns”
• Michael Fleischman and Deb Roy, Ph.D. for Bluefin Labs
• Meyer Shwarzstein for Brainstorm Media
• Seth Green for “ControlTV”
• Jon Kirchner for DTS, Inc.
• Dick Glover for Funny or Die
• Asi Burak for Games For Change
• Nolan Gallagher for Gravitas Ventures
• Zooey Deschanel, Molly McAleer and Sophia Rossi for Hello Giggles
• Mike Chambers for INCEPTION
• Leigh Blake and Alicia Keys for Keep a Child Alive
• Charles Adler, Perry Chen and Yancey Strickler for Kickstarter
• Felicia Day for Knights of Good Productions
• Troy Carter and Lady Gaga for LadyGaga.com
• Lisa Roth for Majesco Entertainment
• Susan Margolin and Steve Savage for New Video
• Sharon Calahan for Pixar Animation Studios
• Peter Vesterbacka for Rovio/Angry Birds
• John Calkins for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
• Ken Ralston for Sony Pictures Imageworks
• Nicole Skogg for SpyderLynk
• Thierry Coup, Chip Largman, Dale Mason and Mark Woodbury for Universal Creative
• Joe Letteri for Weta Digital