1) People tend to like me much better when I've recently written something nice about them.
2) Even on a year when HBO was shut out in the series categories, the pay service managed to cast a giant shadow over the awards by sweeping the movie/miniseries voting. I almost took this for granted on Sunday, given the strength of its movie nominees and "The Pacific," but as a few people noted, the last 45 minutes — leading up to best comedy and drama — did feel like an extended commercial for HBO.
3) Although I was trying to be complimentary and polite when I told a passing Connie Britton of "Friday Night Lights" that "You wuz robbed" in the best actress category (with all due respect to Kyra Sedgwick), in hindsight I'm pretty sure I came across as a stalker.
4) HBO's party is like Rick's Cafe in "Casablanca:" Sooner or later, everyone shows up there. Even Showtime stars.
5) Even normally respectable and completely professional women lose their minds and all concerns about decorum when the conversation turns to George Clooney.
6) It's friggin' amazing how long a trained dancer can keep jumping around while a guy beats on bongos. I got tired just looking at them.