Auds behind thesp during first post-holiday taping
“Two and a Half Men” exec producer Chuck Lorre said production on the CBS sitcom has been unaffected by the arrest of Charlie Sheen.During a comedy showrunner panel at the net’s portion of the Television Critics Assn. confab in Pasadena, Lorre called Sheen “a true professional” and added that the taping of the first show after the holiday hiatus Friday went on without any unusual incidents or remarks. “It was very gratifying last night,” Lorre said. “The audience was 1,000% behind us from the first moment we began to shoot.” Sheen and Lorre have collaborated since the show, which continues to be one of the most-watched laffers on primetime, began in 2003. Lorre, who initially joked to the assembled scribes that he was unaware of Sheen’s arrest in Colorado for domestic abuse, was clearly apprehensive to talk about Sheen’s status. “He seems to be doing as well as he can under the circumstances,” said Lorre, who sat on a panel with “The Big Bang Theory” exec producers Bill Prady and Lee Aronsohn. “I just do what I do, which is to try and write a good show. The show goes on. So far, so good. I can’t speak to his personal situation but I can say he showed up on Monday and we had a great week.” Added network entertainment president Nina Tassler: “We’re very sensitive to a personal and private matter but it has no impact on the network. The show is proceeding along with its regular production schedule and it’s business as usual for us.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!