After last week's picketing, union crew will shoot the show
The two-week labor dispute over NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” has ended with producers signing a tentative deal with the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees to use union crew to shoot the reality show.
IATSE reached the pact over the weekend with production entities Reveille Prods., 25/7 Prods. and 3 Ball Prods.
Crew members had struck the show Nov. 8, with more than 50 crew members walking off over producers’ refusal to sign an IATSE deal — even though the Directors Guild of America and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists already had contracts covering their members on the show.
Pickets demonstrated last week when producers used non-union workers at the set in Calabasas, where “The Biggest Loser” is shot.
Mike Miller, VP of the IATSE and director of its motion picture and television division, said, “This agreement is a positive step forward for the crew of ‘The Biggest Loser,’ especially in the area of health benefits. We are pleased to see them go back to work.”
Lee Rierson, managing director and head of business and operations for Reveille, said, “We have reached a fair agreement with the IA while managing to avoid significant disruption to the production and are happy to see our entire crew working together again.”