Scott Guthrie has been appointed exec veep of sales and account management for Paramount Home Entertainment. Guthrie will oversee U.S. and Canadian sales for the unit, reporting to Paramount Worldwide Home Entertainment prexy Dennis Maguire. Guthrie comes to Par from MTV Games, where he was exec veep and g.m. He’s also held senior posts at THQ and Disney.Paul Brigner has been named senior veep and chief technology policy officer for the MPAA. Brigner joins the MPAA from Verizon, where he was exec director of Internet and technology policy. Comedy Central has tapped Jonas Larsen as veep of specials. Based in L.A., Larsen will oversee the production of original comedy speshes for the cabler, including its “Comedy Central Roast” series. Larsen’s recent producing credits include VH1’s “Celebrity Fit Club” and Bravo’s “Tabitha’s Salon Takeover.” Telemundo has promoted Joshua Mintz to senior exec veep of entertainment. Mintz oversees all entertainment development and programming strategy. He was previously veep of strategic development for Telemundo Studios. Kristin Borella has joined USC’s School of Cinematic Arts as associate dean of communications. She’ll work with dean Elizabeth Daley on marketing and PR initiatives. Borella most recently served as senior veep of publicity for MGM. She also worked for the Angellotti Co. and Bumble Ward and Associates.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut