TORONTO AND LOS ANGELES – JULY 7, 2010 – IMAX Corporation today announced that for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010, IMAX DMR® gross box office worldwide was approximately $115.0 million, an approximate 37% increase over last year’s second quarter box office of approximately $84.2 million.
For the six months ended June 30, 2010, gross box office from Hollywood DMR titles released to the worldwide IMAX® theatre network was $347.2 million, compared to $112.2 million in the first six months of 2009. In addition, the Company commented that it has announced deals for 89 IMAX systems year-to-date, compared to 35 for all of 2009.
“The drivers of our business model and long term growth continue to be network expansion and compelling programming,” said Richard L. Gelfond, CEO of IMAX Corporation. “This year to date, we have already signed deals for 89 theatres, and we also continue to drive our per screen productivity. Even excluding Avatar completely from our 2010 results, our per-screen average through the first six months is $647,000, a 13% increase over the same period in the prior year.”
- Tales From the Oscar Luncheon: The Alternate ‘Stepbrothers’ Ending, Mark Ruffalo’s Silence Retreat
- Diane Ladd Blasts Studios’ ‘Greed and Corruption’ for Pushing Leading Roles as Supporting
- Q&A: ‘Spotlight’ Screenwriter Josh Singer Discusses Papal Commission
- Sylvester Stallone Says ‘Creed’ Feels Like Rocky Balboa’s Last Ride
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut