Cannes — May 19, 2010 — The Wagner/Cuban Companies' Magnolia Pictures announced today that it has acquired US rights to Oscar-winner Alex Gibney’s untitled Eliot Spitzer documentary produced by A&E IndieFilms and Wider Film Projects. A powerful and probing look at the former Governor of New York, the film follows Eliot Spitzer’s career from his days as an attorney general committed to battling Wall Street corruption, to his ignominious fall. The film features revelatory interviews with Spitzer, Wall Street powerbrokers, old enemies from New York's capitol and escorts from the infamous Emperor’s Club, painting a rich and compelling portrait of corruption, hubris and temptation that plays like a high-stakes political thriller. A work-in-progress version was recently unveiled at the Tribeca Film Festival to much fanfare and critical acclaim.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania