IMAX AND AMC ENTERTAINMENT® EXPAND JOINT VENTURE RELATIONSHIP FOR UP TO 25 NEW IMAX® THEATRES
New York, N.Y. and Kansas City, Mo. – June 1, 2010 – IMAX Corporation (NASDAQ: IMAX; TSX: IMX) and AMC Entertainment (AMC), today announced an expansion of the companies’ joint venture agreement to include installation of between 15 and 25 new IMAX® theatres in the United States. These theatres, which are part of an amendment to the parties’ original 2007 joint venture agreement, are in addition to AMC’s current roll-out of 104 IMAX joint venture theatres, 79 of which are in operation and 25 of which are expected to open by the end of 2010 in the United States and Canada.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut