Movie maestro magic | Fest honors John Barry | Highlights
• Opening night film: “Madly in Love” (Belgium), directed by Hilde Van Mieghem. Kinepolis 2 & 4, 8 p.m.
• Director Paul Greengrass to be honored with the Joseph Plateau Honorary Award for Career Achievement. 4 p.m., Kinepolis 4
• Press preview of the “Almost Cinema” exhibit. 2 p.m., Vooruit
• Press preview of “Jacques Tati: In Double Quick Time,” a tribute to the French director. 2 p.m., Caermersklooster Provicial Cultural Centre
• Film music seminar with Oscar-winning composer Stephen Warbeck; Zwarte Zaal of KASK. 10 a.m.
• Announcement of the winners of the Official Competition, Belgian Short Film Competition and European Short Film Competition. Town Hall, 12 noon
• Tim Robbins & the Rogues Gallery Band in concert. Vooruit, 8 p.m.
• Selections of John Barry’s film music performed by the Brussels Philharmonic conducted by Nicholas Dodd. Kuipke Auditorium, 8:30 p.m.
• Closing night film: “Somewhere” (USA), directed by Sofia Coppola. Kinepolis 2, 10 p.m. (also Oct. 23, 10 p.m., Kinepolis 4)
• World Soundtrack Awards, featuring an all-star lineup of composers whose music will be performed by the Brussels Philharmonic, conducted by Dirk Brosse. Awards will be presented for Film Composer of the Year, Original Film Score, Original Song, Discovery of the Year. Kuipke, 7:30 p.m.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!