1. All the celebrity gossips were going bat shit crazy over the architecturally dramatic Venice, CA compound hoisted on the market by the estate of recently deceased actor Dennis Hopper. The listing has officially hit the interweb as has an extensive virtual tour.
The five parcel compound, listed at $6,245,000, includes a 4,900 square foot Brian Murphy designed main house dripping with architectural chutzpah, a guest cottage, swimming pool with lap lane, pool house and three, freestanding Frank Gehry condominiums often referred to as the three little pigs.
2. Stop the presses. George Clooney would like everyone to know that his house on Lake Como in Italy is not–and we repeat–not for sale.
3. Bling Queen Kimora Lee Simmons and her ex-huzband Russell have finally sold their Saddle River, NJ house of decorative horrors. The 35,000 square foot beast was first listed during the time of Jesus for $23,888,000 and the price sank over time to $13,900,000. The unknown buyers are reportedly paying close to the asking price.
4. It only took 4 years but Sting and Trudy Styler have finally sold there massive doo–plex digs on Manhattan’s Central Park West. The Tantric sexer, who bought the doo–plex digs in the 1980s from Billy Joel, first put his colossal crib on the market in 2006 with an asking price of $24,900,000. But alas, property records and previous reports show that Mister Sting–real name Gordon Sumner–recently sold the place for $17,750,000 to a man named Michael S. Naify. Although we aren’t for certain, Mister Naify seems to be from a very prominent Bay Area based family who once owned the United Artists Theater company.
Sting and Trudy have moved on to the excessively priced and over-hyped 15 Central Park West Building along with an army of celebs like Denzel Washington and extremely well compensated financial industry bigwigs.
5. There are rumors galore that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are fixin‘ to spend tens of millions of dollars on a gigantic Palladian style villa in the hills of Valpolicella, Italy. We don’t believe it, but then again, what do we know about anything?
6. According to new reports, Celine Dion’s new mansion/water park in super swank Jupiter Island, FL never should have gotten the necessary permits from the town board. But approved the permits were and as a result the Director of Planning, Zoning and Building Jeff Newell is now the ex-Director of Planning, Zoning, and Building.
7. Did LeBron James–whoever that is–spend $50,000,000 to purchase a sprawling waterfront estate with 8 bedrooms and 11 poopers in Coral Gables, FL formerly owned by a man named Pat Riley who is the “head honcho” of something called the Miami Heat?