Holly Hunter receives some smart heavenly advice in “Saving Grace,” the TNT drama series that returns for its third season June 16. Hunter plays Grace Hanadarko, an Oklahoma City police detective who partied hard and saw her life spinning out of control before angel Leon Rippy (known to many from his stint behind the bar on “Deadwood”) persuaded her to get her act together. TNT is finding sizeable audiences for their original series — “The Closer,” “Raising the Bar,” “Leverage” — and “Saving Grace” taps into the zeitgeist of eccentric women characters on cable who don’t necessarily get things done in traditional ways, but always with panache and on their own terms.
Here are the guidelines:
1) Hit the comment button below and ask your question by May 27.
2) Please keep the questions about the creative process, Nancy's background and influences or the characters and don't ask questions about future plotlines, which would never be revealed anyway.
3) You may ask more than one question but we are looking for quality, not quantity. Asking more will not guarantee that you’ll get an answer. In the spirit of fairness, we try to give plenty of folks a chance. I'll choose the best questions to send to Nancy and from those, she'll choose the 10-15 that she wants to answer.
4) Read through the other comments to make sure you’re not repeating something that’s already been asked.
5) Be clever and have fun.
6) The person who asks the question Nancy likes best will receive a signed season 1 DVD.
Please note: Only 50 comments show up at a time but I will see all the responses. Don’t worry if yours disappears. It doesn’t mean I deleted it.
— Kathy Lyford and Stuart Levine