Friday, April 17, 2009
Michael Rispoli (“The Sopranos”) has landed a role in “Rum Diary” alongside Johnny Depp, Aaron Eckhart, Richard Jenkins and Giovanni Ribisi. Rispoli plays Bob Salas in the film, now shooting in Puerto Rico.Rispoli will next be seen in “The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3″ and “Kick Ass” with Nicolas Cage.
* * *Courtney B. Vance (“Law & Order: Criminal Intent”) has booked a role in CBS Films’ “Crowley,” helmed by Tom Vaughan. Brendan Fraser, Harrison Ford and Keri Russell also star in the drama about parents searching for a cure for their children’s rare disease. Vance next will be seen in “Hurricane Season.” He’s currently lensing ABC pilot “Flash Forward.”
* * *Edward Furlong (“American History X”) will star alongside Billy Zane and Kristanna Loken in Uwe Boll’s “Janjaweed.” Drama is lensing in Cape Town, South Africa. The film follows American journalists confronting atrocities in Sudan. Furlong next appears in John Morrissey’s “Tequila,” indie “This Is Not a Movie,” and another Boll film, “Stoic.”
* * *Kevin Rankin (“Friday Night Lights”) has booked a lead role in NBC’s “Trauma,” produced by Peter Berg. Rankin plays a paramedic in the medical drama. His credits include “Bionic Woman.”
* * *Emilie de Ravin (“Lost”) has joined the voice cast of Warner Bros. toon “Guardians of Ga’Hoole.” She’s also booked indie “The Chameleon,” written and directed by Jean-Paul Salome. The “Chameleon” cast includes Famke Janssen and Ellen Barkin. De Ravin will next be seen on the bigscreen in “Public Enemies.”
* * *Christopher Lloyd has joined Ray Liotta and Bobby Coleman in the cast of Mpower Pictures’ “Snowmen.” Robert Kirbyson is the writer-director.
* * *Adriana Barraza (“Babel”) and Karl Urban (“The Bourne Supremacy”) have joined the cast of “And Soon the Darkness,” a remake of the 1970 cult thriller. Marcos Efron is helming the pic, which is lensing in Argentina. Abandon Pictures and StudioCanal are co-financing.
* * *Chris Lowell (“Private Practice”) has joined the cast of “Up in the Air,” playing the assistant to George Clooney’s character. Jason Reitman wrote the script and is directing. Cast includes Jason Bateman and Vera Farmiga.
* * *Garret Dillahunt (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) will star in indie “Winter’s Bone.” Debra Granik directs the drama; Anonymous Content, Anne Rosselini and Alix Madigan produce. Dillahunt will next be seen in “Last House on the Left” and “The Road.” His credits include “No Country for Old Men.”
For all variety's headlines, follow us @variety on twitter