Naomie Harris (“Ninja Assassin”) has boarded helmer Justin Chadwick’s “The First Grader,” based on the true story of 84-year-old Kenyan Kimani N’ganga Maruge, who attempted to take advantage of a Kenyan government initiative to give free elementary school education for all. Harris will play Jane Obinchu, the teacher who supports Maruge’s struggle to gain admission to the education program. Oliver Litondo will play Maruge.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut