Naomie Harris (“Ninja Assassin”) has boarded helmer Justin Chadwick’s “The First Grader,” based on the true story of 84-year-old Kenyan Kimani N’ganga Maruge, who attempted to take advantage of a Kenyan government initiative to give free elementary school education for all. Harris will play Jane Obinchu, the teacher who supports Maruge’s struggle to gain admission to the education program. Oliver Litondo will play Maruge.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London