Naomie Harris (“Ninja Assassin”) has boarded helmer Justin Chadwick’s “The First Grader,” based on the true story of 84-year-old Kenyan Kimani N’ganga Maruge, who attempted to take advantage of a Kenyan government initiative to give free elementary school education for all. Harris will play Jane Obinchu, the teacher who supports Maruge’s struggle to gain admission to the education program. Oliver Litondo will play Maruge.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania