Naomie Harris (“Ninja Assassin”) has boarded helmer Justin Chadwick’s “The First Grader,” based on the true story of 84-year-old Kenyan Kimani N’ganga Maruge, who attempted to take advantage of a Kenyan government initiative to give free elementary school education for all. Harris will play Jane Obinchu, the teacher who supports Maruge’s struggle to gain admission to the education program. Oliver Litondo will play Maruge.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California