Naomie Harris (“Ninja Assassin”) has boarded helmer Justin Chadwick’s “The First Grader,” based on the true story of 84-year-old Kenyan Kimani N’ganga Maruge, who attempted to take advantage of a Kenyan government initiative to give free elementary school education for all. Harris will play Jane Obinchu, the teacher who supports Maruge’s struggle to gain admission to the education program. Oliver Litondo will play Maruge.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California